Mobile marketing usage is rapidly growing, so you need a digital marketing plan that focuses on enhancing the mobile experience. Investing in mobile marketing is crucial to your business’s digital success and will help you improve your campaign online.
Afterward, to stand out, you have to create a top-of-the-class mobile marketing strategy. Creating a winning mobile marketing strategy means reaching the right audience, at the right place, and at the right time.
although, to make sure you have the information you need to grow your business, we’ve compiled these statistics that define every sector of mobile marketing.
What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing is any advertising activity that promotes products and services via mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones. It makes use of features of modern mobile technology, including location services, to tailor marketing campaigns based on an individual’s location.
Mobile marketing is a way in which technology can be used to create personalized promotion of goods or services to a user who is constantly connected to a network.
- Mobile marketing is an advertising activity that uses mobile devices, such as text promos and apps via push notifications.
- Mobile marketing audiences are grouped by behaviors and not by demographics.
- Mobile marketing is a subset of mobile advertising.
- Marketing faces privacy issues related to data collection.
- Mobile marketing is much more affordable than traditional marketing on television and radio.
With this in mind, let’s now have a look at some email marketing stats.
Top Mobile Marketing Statistics
- Mobile advertising spending will surpass $339 billion by 2023
- 51% of ad spending will be on mobile and 49% on desktop in 2023
- 66.6 percent of the global population use a mobile device
- 280 million Americans (84.2%) use their phones to access the internet
- On average, people spend around five hours a day on their smartphones
- People in the US spend 49% of their phone time on social media apps
- More than 80% of internet users use smartphones
- 89% of phone time is devoted to using an app
- Roughly 51% of all web traffic is mobile
- 61% of website visitors won’t return to a website that isn’t mobile friendly
General Mobile Marketing Statistics
- Mobile advertising spending will surpass $339 billion by 2023 (Statista)
- By 2023, the U.S. is expected is spend over $240B on mobile advertising (Semrush)
- The United States is the world’s leader in mobile advertising spending (Semrush)
- 31% of retail spending was made on mobile devices in the U.S. (Semrush)
- Of the total digital advertising spend worldwide, 60% is on mobile (Statista)
- 66.6% of the global population uses a mobile device (Data Portal)
- Smartphones make up 77.5% of the mobile device market (Semrush)
- Over 84% of Americans access the internet via their phones (Semrush)
- More than half (51%) of global web traffic is done on mobile devices (Statista)
- Mobile traffic is predicted to increase by 25% by 2025 (Smart Insights)
- 92% of the world’s internet users use a mobile phone at least some of the time (Data Portal)
- 60% of all Google searches are performed on mobile devices (Digital Examiner)
- Four-fifths of time spent online is on mobile devices in the UK (Ofcom UK)
- 93% use the internet on smartphones to discover local businesses (Digital Examiner)
- 51% of ad spending will be on mobile and 49% on desktops by 2023 (Statista)
- 94% of Facebook’s advertising revenues were made via mobile (Statista)
- 79% is the viewability rate of mobile video ads (Statista)
- 70% of mobile searches result in the user taking an online action (Review 42)
- In the last 6 months, 79% of smartphone users purchased a product with their mobile device (Digital Examiner)
- 4 out of 5 customers shop from their smartphones (Convince and Convert)
- 63% of retailers say social media is the best place to run ads (Semrush)
- 57% of people look for an app to learn more about a product/service (Semrush)
- Mobile and desktop conversion rates are notably similar (Smart Insights)
- 69% of people would look for reviews on their phones first (Smart Insights)
- After seeing a mobile ad, more than half of people take action on Google (Tech Jury)
Mobile Marketing Trends Statistics
- Over 80% of internet users own a smartphone (Smart Insights)
- Today, the vast majority of mobile devices have internet access (Pew Research)
- People spend an average of 5 hours per day on their smartphones (Review 42)
- The number of emails opened via a phone has increased by 180% (Review 42)
- In the U.S., 49% of mobile usage time is spent on social media (Semrush)
- 63% of mobile media time is spent streaming/watching videos (Semrush)
- 69% of people use the internet while they’re on the go (Semrush)
Mobile Marketing Optimization Statistics
- Websites that are optimized for mobile attract 15% more unique clicks (Digital Examiner)
- 90% of consumers say that an excellent mobile experience is likely to convince them to repeat a purchase (Digital Examiner)
- 8 in 10 of the world’s top websites are mobile-friendly (Digital Examiner)
In-App Advertising Statistics
- 83% of consumers are willing to share their data for a more personalized experience (Accenture)
- Personalization works because 91% of consumers are more likely to buy from brands that personalize offerings (Accenture)
- 89% of phone time is devoted to using an app specifically (Marketing Dive)
- Clickthrough rates are 34% better in-app than when placed natively (Inmobi)
- Consumers can recall a mobile in-app ad 47% of the time (Inmobi)
- 70% of advertisers with large ad budgets are increasing their in-app ad budgets this year (Inmobi)
Finally, these stats prove that mobile marketing is here to stay. Although these benchmarks can help you determine the right strategy to win and retain customers through mobile marketing.
If these help you, they’ll likely help someone else! Feel free to pass these along to a marketing team member who may need a little pick-me-up, or mention us on Twitter or Instagram with your favorite statistic.